We believe that our clients deserve quality natural stone and the ability to purchase it effectively.
To fulfill this mission, we’ve developed a deep and wide product offering with means for delivery coupled with customer-focused philosophies that enable our clients’ success.
This position is with a wholesale distributor of natural stone products.
In the role of Logistics & Operations Coordinator, you will support the firm by taking the lead in logistics planning, perform estimating and project coordination duties while managing the day-to-day functions of the office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for a range of duties including but not limited to the following:
- Manage Logistics which includes but is not limited to: truck acquisition – using existing haulers or other means including broker websites, performing appropriate functions in QuickBooks, accurately completing and distributing paperwork for haulers including detailed and accurate directions for tractor trailer access. Directions acquired through utilizing map programs, DOT websites and client directions. Creating distribution lists for haulers.
- Project coordination to include negotiating rates with haulers, schedules with clients, haulers, and vendors, follow up on job progress both on client and vendor sides.
- Managing Hauler information to include w-9’s, MC # and up to date certificates of insurance. Appropriate updates will need to be entered into QuickBooks.
- Office management to include QuickBooks functions, entering vendor invoices, printing client invoices, ordering material, customer statements.
- Collections – make collections calls, send letters and begin process for mechanics liens.
- Manage regular inventory.
- Create and implement solutions for custom codes and communication with warehouse.
- Create and maintain effective means to mass communication with clients. That would be 2 communications per quarter.
- Create price lists for distribution
- Maintain materials in QuickBooks which includes updated price lists and product codes.
- Interactions: Providing a high level of professional service, you will interact on a routine basis with clients and vendors.
Successful candidates will have a positive outlook and possess qualities of integrity, honesty and loyalty, in addition to being well organized and an eager learner. In addition, the person we are seeking must be committed to an ethic of personal service. Strong interpersonal skills are a must along with being a self-starter who is committed to providing a high level of professional service to clients and vendors and to other persons with whom the Company maintains relationships. Ability to multi task and prioritize is key.
- Experience with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, including proficiency in preparing reports, record-keeping and basic correspondence.
- Excellent organizational, computer, and negotiation skills are required.
- An accounting and/or financial services background is a plus.
- We are an equal opportunity employer.